1. Guild GN, Galindo RP, Marino J, Cushner FD, Scuderi GR. Periarticular regional analgesia in total knee arthroplasty. A review of the neuroanatomy and injection technique. Orthop Clin North Am 2015; 46: 18.
2. Ethgen O, Bruyere O, Richy F, Dardennes C, Reqinster JY. Health-related quality of life in total hip and total knee arthroplasty. A qualitative and systematic review of the literature. J Bone Jt Surg Am 2004; 86: 96374.
3. Murad MH, Sierra RJ. Is local infiltration analgesia superior to peripheral nerve blockade for pain management after THA: A network. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2016; 474: 495516.
4. Kurtz S, Ong K, Lau E, Mowat F, Halpern M. Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030. J bone Jt Surg 2007; 89: 7805.
5. Andersen L, Kehlet H. Analgesic efficacy of local infiltration analgesia in hip and knee arthroplasty: A systematic review. Br J Anaesth 2014; 113: 36074.
6. Parvataneni HK, Shah VP, Howard H, Cole N, Ranawat AS, Ranawat CS. Controlling pain after total hip and knee arthroplasty using a multimodal protocol with local periarticular injections. A prospective randomized study. J Arthroplasty 2007; 22(6 suppl): 338.
7. Mullaji A, Kanna R, Shetty GM, Chavda V, Singh DP. Efficacy of periarticular injection of bupivacaine, fentanyl, and methylprednisolone in total knee arthroplasty. A prospective, randomized trial. J Arthroplasty 2010; 25: 8517.
8. Kerr DR, Kohan L. Local infiltration analgesia: a technique for the control of acute postoperative pain following knee and hip surgery: A case study of 325 patients Local infiltration analgesia: a technique for the control of acute postoperative pain following knee andhip surgery. Acta orthopaedica 2008; 72: 174-83.
9. Korean Knee Society. Guidelines for the management of postoperative pain after total knee arthroplasty. Knee Surg Relat Res 2012;24:2017.
10. Vendittoli P-A, Makinen P, Drolet P, Lavigne M, Fallaha M, Guertin M-C, et al. A multimodal analgesia protocol for total knee arthroplasty. A randomized, controlled study. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2006;88:2829.
11. Sinatra RS, Torres J, Bustos AM. Pain management after major orthopaedic surgery: current strategies and new concepts. J Am Acad Orthop Surg2002;10:11729.
12. Garimella V, Cellini C. Postoperative pain control. Clin Colon Rectal Surg 2013; 26: 1916.
13. Hudcova J, McNicol E, Quah C, Lau J, Carr DB. Patient controlled opioid analgesia versus conventional opioid analgesia for postoperative pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;(6):CD003348.
14. Wongswadiwat M, Kuanratikul J, Thienthong S, Ponjanyakul S. The effectiveness of spinal morphine plus intravenous patient-controlled analgesia on postoperative pain controlled at Srinagarind hospital. Srinagarind Med J 2009;24:1906.
15. Choi P, Bhandari M, Scott J, Douketis J. Epidural analgesia for pain relief following hip or knee replacement. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003; (3): CD003071.
16. Chan EY, Fransen M, Parker DA, Assam PN, Chua N. Femoral nerve blocks for acute postoperative pain after knee replacement surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014; (5): CD009941.
17. Marques EMR, Jones HE, Elvers KT, Pyke M, Blom AW, Beswick AD. Local anaesthetic infiltration for peri-operative pain control in total hip and knee replacement: systematic review and meta-analyses of short- and long-term effectiveness. BMC Musculoskelet Disord2014;15:220.
18. Macfarlane AJR, Prasad GA, Chan VWS, Brull R. Does regional anesthesia improve outcome after total knee arthroplasty? Clin Orthop Relat Res2009;467:2379402.
19. Busch CA. Efficacy of periarticular multimodal drug injection in total knee arthroplastyA randomized trial. J Bone Jt Surg2006;88:959.
20. Sinatra RS, Torres J BA. Pain management after major or thopaedic surgery: Current strategies and new concepts. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2002;10:11729.
21. Gwirtz KH, Young J V, Byers RS, Alley C, Levin K, Walker SG, et al. The safety and efficacy of intrathecal opioid analgesia for acute postoperative pain: seven years experience with 5969 surgical patients at Indiana university hospital. Anesth Analg1999;88:599604.
22. Bianconi M, Ferraro L, Traina GC, Zanoli G, Antonelli T, Guberti A, et al. Pharmacokinetics and efficacy of ropivacaine continuous wound instillation after joint replacement surgery. Br J Anaesth 2003;91:8305.
23. McCormack K BK. Dissociation between the antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. A survey of their analgesic efficacy. Drugs 1991;41:53347.
24. Stein C. The control of pain in peripheral tissue by opioids. N Engl J Med 1995;332:168590.
25. Ready LB, Oden R, Chadwick HS, Benedetti C, Rooke GA, Caplan R, et al. Development of an anesthesiology-based postoperative pain management service. Anesthesiology 1988;68:1006.