1. Frederiksen H, Schmidt K. The incidence of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults increases with age.Blood. 1999 ;94:909-13.
2. Abrahamson PE, Hall SA, Feudjo-Tepie M, Mitrani-Gold FS, Logie J. The incidence of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura among adults: a population-based study and literature review. Eur J Haematol 2009;83:839.
3. Neylon AJ, Saunders PWG, Howard MR, Proctor SJ, Taylor PRA. Clinically significant newly presenting autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura in adults: a prospective study of a population-based cohort of 245 patients. Br J Haematol 2003;122:966-74.
4. Guidelines for the investigation and management of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults, children and in pregnancy. Br J Haematol 2003;120:574-96.
5. George JN, Woolf SH, Raskob GE, Wasser JS, Aledort LM, Ballem PJ, et al. Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: a practice guideline developed by explicit methods for the American Society of Hematology. Blood 1996;88:3-40.
6. Han JJ, Baek SK, Lee JJ, Kim SY, Cho KS, Yoon HJ. Long-term outcomes of a 5-year follow up of patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura after splenectomy. Korean J Hematol 2010;45:197-204.
7. Neunert C, Lim W, Crowther M, Cohen A, Solberg L Jr, Crowther MA, et al. The American Society of Hematology 2011 evidence-based practice guideline for immune thrombocytopenia. Blood 2011; 117:4190-207.
8. Stasi R, Stipa E, Masi M, Cecconi M, Scimò MT, Oliva F, et al. Long-term observation of 208 adults with chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Am J Med 1995 ;98:436-42.
9. Fogarty PF. Chronic immune thrombocytopenia in adults: epidemiology and clinical presentation. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 2009;23:1213-21.
10. Segal JB, Powe NR. Prevalence of immune thrombocytopenia: analyses of administrative data. J Thromb Haemost 2006;4:237783.
11. Wanachiwanawin W, Visudhiphan S, Pinankijagum A, Vatanavicharn S. Therapy of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults: experiences from Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1993;24 Suppl 1:71-5.
12. Wanachiwanawin W, Visudhiphan S, Piankijagum A, Vatanavicharn S. Serious complications following treatment of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Postgrad Med J 1988 ;64:426-30.
13. Rodeghiero F, Stasi R, Gernsheimer T, Michel M, Provan D, Arnold DM, et al. Standardization of terminology, definitions and outcome criteria in immune thrombocytopenic purpura of adults and children: report from an international working group. Blood 2009; 113:2386-93.
14. Rodeghiero F, Besalduch J, Michel M, Provan D, Grotzinger K, Thompson G. Treatment practices in adults with chronic immune thrombocytopeniaa European perspective. Eur J Haematol 2010; 84:1608.
15. Schoonen WM, Kucera G, Coalson J, Li L, Rutstein M, Mowat F, et al. Epidemiology of immune thrombocytopenic purpura in General Practice Research Database. Br J Haematol 2009; 145:235-44.